i'm highly infected/affected

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

abovetheinfluence.com

The abovetheinfluence.com campaign cirrculating in the media has caught my eye, particulary because it is for a good cause. Advertising campaigns are never about a good cause. They are always about making good money. The abovetheinfluence.com campaign, brought by The Office of National Drug Control Policy/ Partnership for a Drug Free America that, is a campaign against marijuana smoking. The catch phrases for the campaign, such as the phrase, "All that pressure- The pressure to fit in, look perfect, get high, to be accepted- If you let it push on you too much, how much will change?" are meant to incite good morals for its audience (most likely teenagers and young adults). I, being a faithful magazine reader and television viewer, am an audience member to this campaign, and when I see the advertisements of this campaign, it sells me. It sells me like every other advertising campaign, new energy drinks, cell phone/ cell phone plans, clothing, music, etc., sells me. When I see the abovetheinfluence.com advertisements, I feel guilty for smoking marijuana. So if i get the same reaction towards an advertisment campaign that promotes good morals, as advertising campaigns that promote the lather, why aren't more campaigns like it? The reason is probably because good morales don't make money.

  • Above the Influence Campaign
  • 1 Comments:

    At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Except that there's nothing morally wrong with smoking a naturally occuring plant, last time I checked.

    Get the REAL facts, not just what the government feeds you through their propaganda box. www.norml.com

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home