i'm highly infected/affected

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Evolution of the Publishing World

Sooner or later, the publishing world will evolve. What it will evolve into, I am not sure of. I have an idea that all publication of hard copy books will be stopped, and E-books will be published instead. E-books are becoming more and more popular. Three weeks ago, when I was book shopping for school at the Spartan Bookstore, I saw that many of the books I needed were avaible as an E-book. I wasn't even sure what an E-book was, so I asked a person working at the bookstore. It was explained to me that E-books are books are purchased online as a pdf file. The book can be read on the computer, or it could be printed. The price of the E-books are cut down to more than half the price hard copy books. I considered getting my books in E-book form, but then I finally convinced myself out of it because of the added hassle it would cause. With an E-book, I decided that I would get too dizzy reading it off the computer since I wear bifocals. I've never been able to focus on a computer screen without having to blink rapidly the whole time. Since I can't focus on a computer screen, I would have to print an E-book if I wanted to read it. Printing an E-book seemed like a waste of time, paper, and money. All the books available on E-book that I needed for school were more than three-hundred pages, so printing them would hardly be worth it. As of right now, I think that physical copies of books will continue to be published, since a more convenient way of creating them hasn't been thought of yet. Physical books are convenient. They can be carried and brought wherever.

  • Explore eBooks here!
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home