i'm highly infected/affected

Sunday, December 10, 2006

I'm still highly infected/ affected by the media.



Now that I have taken a semester of advertising and mass communications classes, I would like to say that my ways of media consuming have changed. Although the classes have enlightened me on how the media hooks me into its circle, I am still a media whore! I love the media! In fact, I've never paid more attention to media now that I've taken a semester of advertising and mass communications classes.
I'm the kind of media consumer that allows the media to do just that- consume! The media consumes me, whether I'm at home watching television, at school furiously finding information on the web, or at work listening to sattelite radio.
I consume the media in every way, shape, and form. Without the media, I would not be able to function, and my daily routine would be shattered. This is an example of a typical media filled day for me:
My alarm sounds, and I wake up to the radio blaring a GEICO commercial. I get out of bed and grab my phone as it buzzes to alert me of a new message. The message reads: good morning friend, do you know what the weather will be like? I use my phone to check the weather on yahoo. It's going to rain. Accessing yahoo from my cell phone reminds me that I have to check my e-mail. I use my computer to check my email and to do internet research for homework. Also, I check the prices of i-pods on apple.com. I realize that my computer template is off today and does not read the time. I turn the television on to see the time on the bottom screen of the Today Show. After seeing the time, I hurry to get to school. I run out the door, and trip right after doing so. I look to see what the cause of my trip is, and I see the San Jose Mercury at my feet. Although I usually love the media, I curse it for causing me to trip.
Yes, I am highly infected/ affected by the media, but do I mind? The answer is NO! Even if the media has its mistakes, i.e. Janet's nipple, geico commercials, and Britney Spears, I will continue to consume it. The media and its sources give me great knowledge on current events and I simply find the media pratically impossible to ignore!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home