i'm highly infected/affected

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Future.

In the Future, cars will fly, computer screens will watch your every move, and robots will roam the earth. The media's portrayal of the future almost always involves advanced technology. Movies, such as Click, Ultra Violet, and The Stepford wives are based on Futures that run soley on advanced Technology.
The movies portrayal does not seem far off in my opinion. In my lifetime, I've experienced recorded music go from a cassette tape to an i-pod. I remember in the early 90's when cd's took over cassette tapes, and now I'm seeing cd's being taken over by mp3 players.
I've also experienced the change in how movies are delivered. In the 80's and 90's, VHS's were stacked in front of my television set. Now, my televsion set is surrounded by DVD's. DVD's will be replaced too with Blue Laser Technology.
Television is changing as well. When I was younger, if I wanted to watch a show on t.v. that came on when I couldn't watch it, I would have to record it with a VCR, which was illegal. Now, If I miss a show I could easily hit a switch on my remote to watch the show via tivo. I could also log onto my computer, go to You Tube, and watch the show there.
Technology has come along way since my earlier youth. When I was younger, I didn't depend on cell phones. Now, I feel lost without one. I remember when I got my first pager. I was 11. That is when my whole life changed. I started to depend on my pager. I just needed to feel connected with others. If my mom was going to be late picking me up from school, she would page me so. If I wanted to hang out with my best friend. I would page her so. Then, When I was 14, cell phones took over my life. In my eyes, a cell phone was effecient. It was better than having to read tiny numbers on a pager screen. Looking back, I was right- Cell phones are effecient... but they shouldn't be depended on. If I wanted to hang out with a friend, I would call her using my house phone, then I would go over to her house and knock on the door. Now, I feel the need to call using my cell phone and instead of knocking on the door, I re-call my friend to let her know I'm outside. In a way, cell phones are too effecient.
Cars don't fly, computers don't watch your every move, and robots don't roam the earth- yet.

1 Comments:

At 3:59 AM, Blogger Truth Hurts said...

Do you have a group yet? If you don't, want to start one? We don't have a lot of time left.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home