i'm highly infected/affected

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Politician Propaganda


When I usually think of Arnold Schwarzenegger, I don't automatically think ,"children sabotoger!"; but after reading Politician Propaganda from his opponents, it was hard not to think that. Today in the mail, I received a phamlet for Phil Angelides for Governer. On the front cover of the phamplet, the first thing I read was "When Arnold Broke His Promise to Re-pay Billions To Our Schools, OUR STUDENTS PAID INSTEAD." The bold and capatalized typography give a sense of urgency and importance. Typography done this way is easier to remember. Below the screaming caption, children with sad faces are pictured. After seeing only the cover of the phamplet, I already had Arnold cheating children out of money engraved into my mind.
I then opened the phamplet only to discover the same blaring lettering across the top of the page. The words this time said, "California Students Dropped to 44th Nationally As A Result of Arnold's Failed Education Policies." Underneath the caption, there is a picture of Phil Angelides standing in front of an American flag while carrying a small smiling child. The caption and the picture lead me to believe that Arnold is an evil man who doesn't care about children, and that Phil Anglides is an Angel who loves children. On the same page, more attacks against Arnold are made, such as ,"ARNOLD BROKE HIS PROMISE." The page only has great things to say about Angelides, such as ,"Phil Angelides Will Make Our Schools Better" and "Phil won't lie like Arnold." The Phamplet is purely propaganda because it is trying to sway the audience to hate Arnold and Vote for Phil, even if the intentions are good. I say the intentions are good because I probably have been swayed by the phamplet. I hate Arnold for taking money away from the children. I'm a sucker for propaganda.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home