i'm highly infected/affected

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Britney and Kevin- Who Cares?

On Election Day, I was hearing way more about Britney Spears and Kevin Federline getting a divorce than I was about politics. I think it's ridiculous where priority lies. The media was preocupied with giving up to date information about two people who do little to contribute to America's Economy.
As soon as I turned on the television, clips of Spears and Federline flashed on the screen and when I opened a newspaper, I expected to see a bunch of politicians pictured, but instead, Spears and Federline were pictured.
All I wanted to do was read about the stats on Arnold Swarzzenegger and Phil Angelides. I couldn't find anything on either politician for awhile. It took me several clicks of the remote and several flips of pages to finally come across reports on the election.
If Britney Spears and Kevin Federline did more to help out the society, like donating millions to the children of America, then I wouldn't be so annoyed to see them all over the media. They haven't done so, nor have they done anything close to that. In my eyes, the only thing they've done to contribute to the society is to teach the children of America that it is okay to be trashy and talentless.
I wish the media would get priorities straight and focus on what is more important. As a media consumer, I expected the media to tell me who to vote for. I wouldn't be angry with the media for trying to sway my vote. Rather, I was dissappointed that the media didn't try to sway my vote. I say this because I would have rather had the media do that than to give me pointless information about two people who would do nothing to improve the society.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home